Friday, November 12, 2004

The Big Picture


elmstreet
Originally uploaded by jane1000.
Finally, as promised, here are some pictures of South Elm Street and the exterior of Elsewhere. The building contains two addresses on the main floor (606 & 608)which are about 4,000 sq. feet combined.There are two more floors above so the total space is about 12,000 sq. feet.

elsewhere
Originally uploaded by jane1000.
My work at Elsewhere is an installation in the window (hmmmnnn a very familiar space and Ross, you will be proud to know that I actually washed the windows myself). Things have evolved considerably in the window since I took this photo and I'll post updated images soon.

window
Originally uploaded by jane1000.

People are incredibly friendly in the South Elm Street neighborhood. I walk to Elsewhere every morning and wave and smile at all the wonderful people I am getting to know in the neighborhood.


windowipr
Originally uploaded by jane1000.


sewingbee
Originally uploaded by jane1000.
There is a huge mass of gorgeous fabrics & clothing at Elsewhere and I have have been spending a fair bit of time sewing and reconstructing some of the vintage clothing for my installation. You might wonder why I am wearing 2 sweaters, Glynnis' gorgeous hand-knit scarf, and my trusty Talula fingerless gloves.There's no heat at Elsewhere and it's been pretty cold the last couple of days.
Tomorrow I will take you on a tour of some of the crazy rooms on the 3rd floor and will introduce you to some of our neighbours.

No comments: